Light Pole Banners
Campus banners are a visible way to promote educational, cultural, and informational initiatives across campus.
SUBMITTING A LIGHT POLE BANNER REQUEST
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing is responsible for reviewing banner requests. A review of the banners will address the following:
• Appropriateness of content and message
• Adherence to identity standards including images and the presentation of the university name and trademarks
• Timing of request taking into consideration other banner requests for the same locations and time period
Once approved, Facilities Services manages the installation and removal of banners for requesting organizations. There is a fee for the installation and removal process. All banner display requests must be submitted to the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing (SCM) at least eight weeks before the desired installation date using the form below. Allow at least two weeks for review and approval.
Before submitting, please consider the following:
• Submit your request for review at least eight weeks prior to the desired date of installation
• Allow at least two weeks for review by SCM
• Allow at least three weeks for fabrication from the approved vendor
• Allow at least three weeks for banner installation
DURATION OF APPROVED INSTALLATION
Banners can be reserved for 90 days with an extension of up to 45 additional days if no competing requests have been received.
• The finished size of the banners is 24 inches x 72 inches, including a four-inch sewn pole pocket at the top and bottom of the banner height.
• The design area should be 21 inches x 64 inches after hemming the pole pockets.
• Banners must be double-sided.
• Banners must be made of high-quality vinyl, flame-retardant canvas, or other awning material. Banner material must be opaque, non-shrinking, and water, tear, and fade resistant.
• Banners must have double-sewn seams at all edges and sides of the pole pockets. Metal tie-down grommets must be installed at the intersecting locations of double-sewn seams but should not obstruct the path of the banner arm.
Note: If this is a request for banners to be placed on the North Lawn, the required size is 24 inches x 48 inches.
GUIDELINES FOR GRAPHIC CONTENT
• Content should be generic while graphically, symbolically, and verbally representing the university-sponsored event or activity. The text should be as large as possible so the information can be read at a glance.
• Use minimal text – no more than three to five words.
• Content may include the name or logo of the sponsoring university unit or college
• Non-university sponsors are not allowed on banners.
• All banners should follow UF branding guidelines. All policies regarding trademark use must be observed.
• Logos should be downloaded from the university’s brand center.
• Develop the design of the banner following the university’s branding guidelines.
• Review the GIS Map to obtain the light pole identification numbers.
• Submit the request with the banner artwork included.
• Make necessary changes to the proposal if requested.
• Purchase the necessary quantity of banners plus additional units for replacement if originals are lost or stolen.
• Initiate a work order to hang banners with Facilities Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org, including the light pole numbers and locations. Please include a copy of the approval email from SCM.
• Pay for installation and removal of banners through Facilities Services.
• Deliver finished banners and mounting hardware for installation to Facilities Services Work Management Center in Room 106, Building 702, on Magnolia Drive off of Radio Road.
• Banners must be picked up from the Work Management Center after removal. Units are encouraged to recycle or repurpose the banners.
BANNER REQUEST FORM
Please use the form below to submit your light pole banner request.
Note: There is a 2 MB maximum file size upload limit. PDF and PNG files are preferred.